Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Story Well Worth Reading

One of the best things about this blog is that in doing research for my posts I have come across many other great writings that have taught me so much about the history of the 500 and the Speedway. We are all very fortunate that there are so many passionate fans of the race, and how they are able to share that with others through their writing.

In reading up on the legendary Wilbur Shaw, I came across a piece on Paddock Talk called "The Art of the Deal: Hulman's Purchase Saved Speedway in 1945". It details how Shaw's enthusiasm combined with Tony Hulman's vision led to the purchase of the Speedway in 1945, which eventually saved the race and made it into a worldwide event. Check it out at: http://paddocktalk.com/

Great writing. I'm just not worthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment